(in heathland areas owned by the Domestic Estate).
Aim of the program:
The preservation and protection of the long-standing reputation and value of Kytherian honey.
1. Recording and studying the unique apicultural flora of these areas.
2. Enhancing the endangered species of flora without altering the genetic material.
3. Encouraging beekeepers to place beehives in appropriate places. (Better pollination – better honey production of recognized quality and value).
5. Protection of aromatic and other plants from illegal harvesting and trade.
6. Collaboration with other organizations, private and public, which have relevant expertise.
The modernization and development of apiculture will bring new beekeepers to the primary production sector of Kythera, with the immediate consequence of contributing to the sustainable development of the local economy.