Since 2006, the Kytherian Foundation for Culture & Development (ΚΙΠΑ) aspires to make Kythera and Antikythera a hub of sustainable development, enhancing the quality of life of the inhabitants and showcasing the cultural and natural heritage of both islands.
The Kytherian Foundation for Culture & Development (ΚΙΠΑ) is a non-profit organization in the form of Legal Entities under Private Law, (LEPL) based in the town of Livadi in Kythera. It was founded in 2006 by Georgios Kasimatis.
The objectives of the Foundation are:
- To preserve and promote the cultural and natural heritage as well as local traditions
- To contribute to the balanced development of all sectors of society while ensuring and enhancing the quality of life of the local community
- To protect the man-made and natural environment of both islands
- To organize, fund and carry out events, scientific research, and programmes
- To promote the cultural and intellectual development of Kythera and Antikythera